Did You Know? Your adrenal glands, situated on each of your kidneys, serve as the master glands for your entire endocrine system, and their major function is to govern how we react to stress!
Because they can quickly produce hormones like cortisol and neurotransmitters like, they give us the ability to escape danger. This “fight or flight” response is a protective mechanism that provides us with the energy and resources needed in dangerous situations to either defend ourselves or flee.
Exposed to stress in our lives
At M.A.C. Apothecary and Co. we understand fully how often we’re all exposed to stress in our lives and how much we desire to escape that stress. Luckily, we no longer have to flee from the stresses and dangers of our ancestors, but our bodies don’t differentiate between the stress of driving in rush hour traffic in Great Falls, Montana, versus fleeing from a saber-toothed tiger! Every stress exposure creates the same reaction in us.
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
This constant barrage of stress in our lives can exhaust our adrenals – a situation known as hypoadrenalism or “adrenal fatigue.”
It’s estimated that 75-90% of doctor’s visits are due to the impact of stress on our health. The most common symptoms of adrenal stress are fatigue, non-refreshing sleep, lack of energy, sugar and salt cravings, mild depression, frequent infections, inability to get out of bed in the morning, panic attacks, PMS symptoms, allergies, low libido, feeling overwhelmed, irritability, joint pain and reduced memory.
Reduce Stress with Adrenal Support
The best way to combat adrenal exhaustion is to remove the stressors, but very few of us can easily change jobs, financial situations or other situations that cause us great stress.
Thankfully, several nutritional supplements have shown to be helpful in supporting and restoring your adrenals:
- Adaptogens such as Ashwagandha Extract and Relora 250 mg are specific nutrients which help support the adrenals.
- Combinations of adaptogens, such as AdreBoost-NG, are formulated to provide support for overstressed adrenal glands.
- Adrenal Health Support, Glandular is designed to provide much needed rest and support for adrenals that are exhausted.
- AdreBoost-Ng and Glandular can be used together for a powerful adrenal support combination.
Is staying asleep very difficult?
If your body has created excessive cortisol during the day that’s still present at bedtime, it can make falling and staying asleep very difficult.
- GABA Calm (taken during the day) can help curb cortisol production so you can truly rest.
- Phosphatidyl Serine Complex (used at bedtime) can also temper cortisol to help induce a restful night of sleep.
By using these supplements, you can truly support your adrenals and create a plan for stress management in your daily life.
We are here to help you!
We at M.A.C. are here to help with your stress management and understand the natural ways to support your adrenals so you’re set up for success. Here are steps you can take today: